Wednesday, February 04, 2009

February 4th Bento Lunch

I broke out the thermal bento box today. Please excuse the condensation on the lids. I keep the lids on until I'm ready to take the picture to keep the heat in the thermal container and to keep the other two containers from drying out.
The main component of the lunch is a delectable Thai red curry soup (the recipe is here) that is full of noodles and veggies in a yummy coconut milk broth.


In the container on the left, I also threw in a heart shaped bonito onigiri for some additional carbs. I had some yummy honey mustard chicken I wanted to put in this bento, but BF said he would rather have more pulled pork so that I what I used. There are a few pea sprouts for colour and crunch in there as well.

In the second container there are three stalks of steamed asparagus along with some tangerine wedges and a few honey dates. Once everything was packed up, I put a little individually wrapped After Eight mint for a sweet bite.

In hindsight, I realize that I forgot to pack a spoon for the soup! Hopefully BF can snag one while he's at work.

3 comments:

Bento Pet said...

I'm so glad you are back to bento. I'm a bento fan and I think you often put together a delicious looking one!! Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto, glad to see you posting again! I love your bentos and Have tried several of your recipes. :)

Jacki said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement!!