Friday, October 09, 2009

And The Winner Is.......

BentoBeginner!!!

BentoBeginner of http://bentoforbeginners.blogspot.com/, lover of cute shaped onigiri, picked the same number as the random generator so she is the recipient of the free book!

Congratulations BentoBeginner! If you could please email me your mailing address (my email is jackisbentoATgmail.com), I will see that it gets to you.

Thank you, everyone, for your participation. I truly enjoyed reading all of your wonderful comments

I have to say that I was really touched by how many of you said you were happy to see me back. I want to apologize for not posting more frequently. This has been a year full of changes for me and making bento lunches kind of fell off my radar for a bit, mainly because I took quite a bit of time of work so there was no need to pack lunches. BF and I decided we needed a fresh start so we tossed all of our stuff in a U-haul and drove for two days until we hit Toronto. That was two months ago, and for the first month I barely had a kitchen to cook in! I seriously suffered from cute food withdrawl, although it was a good opportunity to explore the cupcake shops in my new neighbourhood.

I'm back at work now, and while I do expect I will pack a lunch sometimes, I'm in a fortunate position where I'm able to come home for lunch, so I'm not sure yet whether I will be able to update as often as I used to. But on the plus side, there are much better resources where I'm living now for different ethnic foods, which I find so exciting! Although I'm still trying to locate a place to buy bento supplies in Toronto. If you have any leads, let me know!

So that's where I'm at right now. This weekend I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner (My first turkey! Eep!) so I will be putting together a batch of turkey cupcakes. On one of his many travels, BF found me a bottle of root beer extract, so I'm going to try to make root beer cupcakes! I'm pretty excited by this prospect. If they turn out any good, I will share the recipe for sure!

2 comments:

Dominique said...

How exciting that you're in the city now! My BF and I will be moving there in the new year. We haven't quite settled on a location yet but are thinking in the west end or closer to the city core.

The only Japanese shop I know of in Toronto is Sanko. It's along Queen St West and while they don't have a lot of bento accessories, they do carries tons of Japanese ingredients.

There's another place in Markham, J-Town, which may a bit of a trek, but they carry lots of Japanese ingredients as well. I'm not sure about accessories...I was on a search for konyaku noodles and didn't search out the accessories.

Tsue said...

The link says it all: (^_^)
http://bento-no-koi.blogspot.com/