Saturday, May 24, 2008

Cupcakes!

Since I started making bento, I've amassed quite the collection of cookie cutters and ham & cheese cutters. I found another fun use for them...cupcake decorations!

On Saturday mornings I like to clean my kitchen from top to bottom, and since I'm there anyway it's a great time to bake something, so these are this morning's cupcakes.

The theme was (obviously) tigers.

The cupcakes are a basic vanilla that I filled with chocolate hazelnut fudge.

The icing is buttercream, and the tigers and stars were punched from rolled fondant. It actually didn't take much thought to put the tiger faces together, because I've made so many faces on onigiri.

It's a little hard to tell from the picture but I used orange for the face, yellow for the area around the mouth and pink triangles for the ears and nose.

Cute and delicious! My favorite kind of food!

4 comments:

Lyvvie said...

Yum Yum! Send me some?

Jacki said...

Lol, I'm not sure they'd survive a trip through the mail!

Lunch Buckets said...

How cute! The tiger striped ones are my favorite :)

Sam said...

How very cute! I don't often get the opportunity to make cupcakes (just me in the house!) and when I do I never think to make them as pretty as everyone else - just slap a dash of icing on top! You inspire me to be more creative!