Wednesday, May 07, 2008

May 7th Bento

Last night BF made a yummy sauce with tomatoes, chicken thigh pieces, zucchini, asparagus and who knows what else, and there were leftovers! So today I did a donburi style bento lunch.

The bottom is the sauce BF made, some more miso steamed spinach and some egg scrambled with chives. I know I had spinach and egg with my last donburi bento so I should have tried something new, but it was so yummy that I couldn't help but do it again. Everything is over a bed of rice.

On the top we have a few spanikopitas, some cabbage/cranberry/walnut salad, plum pieces, a couple of snow peas, carrot sticks, berries and a pieces of lemonade flavoured fudge.

It was a good bento, but it turns out I'm not a huge fan of tomato sauce at room temperature, so I'm not sure if I would do it again.

3 comments:

Green Tea & Kimchee said...

Lemonade flavored fudge? Do you have a recipe?

Jacki said...

Sorry no, I bought it premade

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.