Monday, May 05, 2008

May 5th Bento

Today's bento was nothing special. I wasn't feeling good yesterday so I went to bed super early. I woke up this morning with no plan and nothing prepared. So this is an on-the-fly bento

On the bottom we have a large onigiri, half of a flower shaped egg, steamed asparagus and brocoli, steamed miso spinach, sesame fried carrots and some bites of marinated lamb.

The top is two mini onigiris, a couple of sugar snaps, kiwi flowers, orange slices, strawberries, gooseberries, blueberries and a strawberry shaped chocolate.


Langwidere said...

Your on-the-fly bento still looks fantastic! I just started with bento last week and find your posts very inspiring and helpful. Just wanted to let you know that. =)

Jacki said...

Thanks!!! I'm so glad I could help :)

Lyvvie said...

Hi Jacki, I was checking out your links, and I love the Japanese one you don't know the name of. I wanted to suggest you try this free software that will translate Japanese on the page when you put your mouse over it - I use it all the time. It's called Rikaichan. It's not perfect, but it does help make better sense. It's here if you're interested

Lyvvie said...

Apparently it's something like "Snowchild's Mama kindergarten bento"