Monday, May 05, 2008

May 5th Bento

Today's bento was nothing special. I wasn't feeling good yesterday so I went to bed super early. I woke up this morning with no plan and nothing prepared. So this is an on-the-fly bento

On the bottom we have a large onigiri, half of a flower shaped egg, steamed asparagus and brocoli, steamed miso spinach, sesame fried carrots and some bites of marinated lamb.

The top is two mini onigiris, a couple of sugar snaps, kiwi flowers, orange slices, strawberries, gooseberries, blueberries and a strawberry shaped chocolate.

4 comments:

Misty said...

Your on-the-fly bento still looks fantastic! I just started with bento last week and find your posts very inspiring and helpful. Just wanted to let you know that. =)

Jacki said...

Thanks!!! I'm so glad I could help :)

Lyvvie said...

Hi Jacki, I was checking out your links, and I love the Japanese one you don't know the name of. I wanted to suggest you try this free software that will translate Japanese on the page when you put your mouse over it - I use it all the time. It's called Rikaichan. It's not perfect, but it does help make better sense. It's here if you're interested http://www.polarcloud.com/rikaichan/

Lyvvie said...

Apparently it's something like "Snowchild's Mama kindergarten bento"