Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 26th Bentos

I'm pretty happy with the way today's bentos turned out. I made a one tier for BF and a two tier for me since my one tier wasn't deep enough to hold the onigiris.

I made onigiris last night, and this time I filled them with delicious red bean paste, and put some extra salt on the outside. I also hid some black sesame seeds on the bottom of them. This was the first time I've used the round mould and they were the best onigiri I've made yet.

I didn't really feel like meat today, so I put some chunks of spicy chorizo sausage in BF's and not in mine (I don't care for spicy foods). Then there's home made gyoza (I made another batch on the weekend) with dipping sauce, sweetened tamagoyaki hearts with blanched spinach, asparagus and zucchini. I used broccolli and snow peas as space fillers. For fruit, there are strawberries, blueberries and persimmon bites, and one of the date squares from last night for dessert. Everything was delicious :)

0 comments: