Thursday, March 27, 2008

March 27th Bentos

Last night I had sort of a writers block with bento planning, so I just prepped a bunch of stuff and hoped it would come together in the morning. Here are the bentos:

Initially I was going to try to make them symmetric, but I gave up on that half way through :P

On the bottom we have pork onigiri surrounded by lamb strips fried with cabbage. I actually bought a cut of lamb this time instead of skewers but I ended up cutting it into bit size chunks anyway, so next time I'll probably just get the skewers again.

Then there are a couple of bits of asparagus, snow peas and broccoli, leek dumplings (frozen) and sesame fried bok choy.

On the top we have sweet potato cakes, grapes, plums, berries, tomatos and a date square with cheddar bits underneath.

I wasn't going to pair plum and grapes together again, but after I cut up the plum, I swear I looked in the fridge and every single other fruit I had was orange (and I already had lots of orange from the sweet potato). Oranges, blood oranges, persimmons, gooseberries...it was almost funny because all I was looking for was something that wasn't orange! So it was grapes again.

0 comments: