Friday, March 07, 2008

March 7th Bentos

Yesterday I was jealous of BF's bento because there was room in his for oranges and no room in mine, so today we both had oranges :)


Bottom is shirataki noodles stir fried with zuchinni and carrots, steamed broccoli and seasoned bites of chicken.

Top is cucumber flowers, little tomatoes, half a mini Babybel, little cake, the last of the strawberries and blueberries, kiwi and oranges.

Neutral bottoms and bright tops! I snuck in some koala shaped cookies in the top with the chopsticks too.

This was my first attempt at noodles. I made them the night before and heated them up in the morning and they turned out pretty good, although next time I think I'll use a different type of noodle. Udon maybe. Shirataki seems better suited for soups.

I also tried to go for a less structured/compartmentalized look for these ones (a very difficult thing for me!). The kiwis were a little soft by lunch time, but all in all, I'm happy with how these bentos turned out.

0 comments: