Friday, March 21, 2008

March 21st Bentos

This morning I was super lazy. I rushed through bento making so I could hop back in bed for a few more minutes. It was totally worth it, but it means the bentos are not fancy :)

On the bottom we have sesame fried bok choy (I love the way this makes my whole home smell in the morning), steamed asparagus, and some udon noodles with lamb. I made the noodles the night before. Boil them for three minutes, boil the carrots for one minute (they're sliced very thin), then fry up the noodles, carrot and sweet peas in the tiniest amount of oil and a couple teaspoons of Thai peanut satay sauce and a couple of tablespoons of water. I covered them with saran wrap and refrigerated while still warm, and then reheated in the microwave in the morning. I fried up the lamb in the morning and added it to the noodles.

The top was me basically just throwing in whatever I could find. Green grapes, a boiled quail egg, more plum wedges (because they were so delicious yesterday), half a mini Babybel, blueberries, another cornmeal and red bean muffin from the batch frozen earlier in the week and a daifuku.

For anyone who's not familiar, daifuku is made from rice flour, and stuffed with red bean paste. They're kind of a strange consistency, but I really like them (BF wasn't so keen) and they're not too sweet.

0 comments: