Tuesday, March 25, 2008

March 25th Bentos

Behold: Slacker bentos! BF took me out for sushi at our favorite sushi restaurant last night, and we had some leftovers, so into the bentos they went!

Today I had the exact opposite problem from yesterday. Instead of running out of ideas of what to put in the bentos, I ran out of room for everything I wanted to put in.

The bottom has left over sushi (Unagi for the boy, sweet potato tempura for me....mmmm), marinated chicken bites, a gooseberry, and small containers of wasabi, ginger and soy sauce hidden under some steamed broccoli.

I bought a mandolin slicer at the mall last night (half price!) so I tested it out by julienning (is that a word?) some carrot, green pepper and daikon, and sauteed them in a little oil for a few minutes until slightly crispy. They were yummy. Underneath that are a couple of bites of gouda. Then we have a small onigiri since there isn't all that much rice in the sushi, blood orange wedges, grapes, strawberries, blueberries and a champagne flavoured truffle (from Laura Secord).

0 comments: